Thursday, May 01, 2008

TICKING ON...

Towards the setting sun I moved,
While its embers lit the alleys I pass,
I keep my hands in my pocket,
As I stare out of my asylum’s glass.


The golden of the god diminished in the distance,
And the blue of the lakes died,
The old man silently waved me goodbye,
Stony faced and teary eyed.

I knew him not,
But we both each other knew,
We both lived a lie,
But our insanity was true.

Ahead my wheels and vehicle lurched,
While my vision backwards gazed,
And on rocky roads,
The terrains of memories it traced.

Sirens shrieked and lights beamed,
I knew they were chasing me,
But they buzzed past me too,
They were racing to be free.

I clutched my cloth to my bosom,
My alienation I tried to hide,
By doing what the world does,
And by plastering black with white.

Faces on the road merged with the skies,
The winds didn’t ruffle their hair,
But wild torrents pulled me ahead,
As night descended and devils pulled me near.

Entangled in illusions, ahead I went,
But my way I couldn’t find,
For even though time moved forward,
My hour I left behind.

No comments: